Sunday 22 August 2021

Combat Commander: Pacific hits the table!.

 I managed to get my recently acquired Combat Commander: Pacific onto the table today. I played Scenario A  a couple of times which features US Army and Filipino guerrillas fighting the Japanese on Mindanao. 


Now this edition of Combat Commander is a different beast from the original with many different rules and procedures. I stumbled through both games today in what was mainly a learning process.


I took a few photos at the end of my second session for posterity.


There are complications like aircraft to get to grips with. I have only recently got the subtleties and nuances of the original game and now I am diving into this but that is me all over.


The bunker I have fought over all day was taken by the Allies but the game had technically ended just before it fell. I was too intent on the struggle and only realised when the dust settled.

Oh well, I still give the Allies the moral victory in this battle. Onwards to the next game!.

No comments:

Post a Comment