Monday 14 December 2020

Galleys and Galleons

 Having had so much fun with my paper ships from the Helion Trafalgar book I fancied something similar. When I spotted the Helion Spanish Armada book on Ebay for £6.49 I jumped in.

As you can see I also purchased some rules for them in the shape of Galleys and Galleons from Ganesha Games.
The rules give a really fun game with scope from Ancient galleys to Treasure Island.
The volcano can cause a bit of havoc in the game.
A Galleass negotiating the shallows.
And the Victory gannin' down the gurgler!.


There are dozens of ships in the book.




I don't know what is the matter with blogger and/or my photos today but it has not been easy posting so this will have to do for now. 

Stay safe.

9 comments:

  1. Great stuff Paul. I really liked the volcano and whirlpool, but the final shots of the massed fleets are excellent!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James, you should have seen the carry on I had trying to make that volcano.

      Delete
  2. "Galleys and Galleons can only handle half a dozen ships a side"

    If you play with multipe commands per side you can handle more. I've run around 15 a side in one game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Kaptain, I will alter my post. Half a dozen a side is about all I can handle playing solo, I only ever play solo.

      Delete
  3. A fascinating paper ship project you have got going. Do you think you may try the rules in the Spanish Armada book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter your posts with these ships and G&G inspired me to do this project. As for the rules in the book I am ashamed to say I have only glanced over them. One day maybe.

      Delete
    2. I glanced over them too, thinking I must come back and read them.

      Delete
  4. Hi Paul- Long time between your Posts- have been looking out for you. You've been a very busy chap there with your Galleons and Volcano- I like the look of the Game and ships. Well done there Paul.
    Stay well and safe there= Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much KEV, I haven't been online as much lately, sometimes it's nice just to do other stuff and leave the computer off.
      Take care mate,
      Paul.

      Delete