I have often fancied playing Victory Without Quarter English Civil War rules by Clarence Harrison, they are available as a free download link but I never got around to making the cards required to play the game. Well, I have now managed to extract my digit and make some cards.
I have had a few games now and they have all been good fun.
Here are some pics of last nights game.

Rupert's Blewcoats break Cosgroves Greencoats.
Colonel Dove defeats his Royalist opponents.
But Colonel Oliver and his Ironsides are defeated.
S
ir Marmaduke throws himself into the fight but falls dead as he gains the victory.
Rupert's Blewcoats are on the run having been roughly handled by Old Robin's Tawnycoats.
Lord Brooke's Regiment are in trouble.
The last unit in Col. Olivers wing are broken.
Lord Brooke's Purplecoats are shattered.
Sir Lesley Forster's Bluecoats creep up on the Tawnycoats and shoot them in the back!.
The Roundhead centre is crumbling.
The Tawnycoats scatter Bolton's Horse.
Sir Thomas Rainborowe's Foote are in dire straits.
Colonel Dove's horse are steadily being driven from the field.
Sydenham's horse are seen off by the Royalist Foote.
Old Robin's Regiment is charged in the rear.
Lord Charles joins Allen Apsley's Foote and charges in to break the last unit in Suffolk's battalia.And Lord Charles gets the victory proving that he's no dummy!.
A grand game, I made a few house rules but nothing too drastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment