Tuesday 20 October 2020

Tall Ships sighted up the Derwent River

 Back in February I was lucky enough to go to the Vapnartak wargames show in York. It was the biggest show that I have ever been to and it was packed. Anyway I bought a couple of things and one of them was this.


I had fancied it for a while and snapped it up when I saw it for eight quid. The drawings are great but the process of cutting out the masts and sails is beyond me. I am six foot six with big hands and to be honest quite clumsy, so I modified the process to suit.

I coloured in the sky with a coloured pencil, cut around the ship and clagged the flags on. Happy days!.





I got five done last night and five done this afternoon.There are more than seventy in the book, I don't think I'll get all of them done though but there are plenty to choose from.

I found a set of rules cheap on Ebay so I should get then into action soon.


4 comments:

  1. A nice quick way of developing large fleets, then! Are the profiles 'mirror' imaged?
    I don't reckon I'd cut out the masts and sails either. Your method strikes me as leaving the vessels reasonably robust.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ion, the ship profiles have a back side as well, if you know what I mean. They are really nicely drawn as you would expect from the Peter Dennis/Florian Richter stable.

      Funny enough it was your posts featuring your Turcowaz and Hellenic fleets that inspired me to get going with these.
      Regards,
      Paul.

      Delete
  2. These will look great on the seascape.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you James, I am just waiting for the rules to come so I can get them into action.
      Cheers,
      Paul.

      Delete