Wednesday 10 February 2021

Little gadgies get a refurb.

 A benefit of my Oathmark campaign is the refurbishment of many of my old Warhammer toys.

I have tidied up some of my Undead, Empire and now Chaos collection.

My Chaos army had a unit of halberd armed plastic warriors which I have always been unhappy with. There were two main problems, the first was my fault as I spray primed and painted them on the sprue. As a result they never stuck together properly and would fall to bits at the drop of a hat. This was exacerbated by the metal arms holding the halberd which was too heavy for the man to stand up never mind staying stuck on.

So I broke them up into all their parts and filed all the glue and paint off the joints. I ditched all the metal parts too and then had to find plastic arms. I had used all my Chaos warrior arms to convert the cavalry years ago when Games Workshop changed the army list. All I could find was some Chaos marauder flails and some hand weapons in the bits box.

So I went for it, they were hard to marry up, probably because the torsos were a different size between the two kits but with a bit of cutting and filing I got there in the end.

Here are some photos of my conversions. 




And now with some more paint on.



These will be used as human linebreakers in Oathmark, they won't stand close scrutiny but they are a big improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment